Advantages of Mifare Cards
– High Speed Transactions – the read range of up to 10 cm increases the convenience of touch-and- go experience for users
– Increased Security – Secure encryption during transmission and storage of information prevents unauthorized access to information stored on the card. This makes it really difficult to copy a Mifare card. Mifare cards are capable of handling up to 15 applications. The user therefore does not need multiple cards for multiple purposes, one card can effectively handle all his applications.
– Increased Efficiency and Reduced Cost – Increased throughput by decreasing check-out times, reducing costs of cash handling and processing.
– Multi Interface – Mifare cards have support for both non contactless and contact interface, giving the user the ultimate convenience of duo interface.
– Improved Customer Experience – Simplifying the purchases, enhancing customer convenience
Application Areas of Mifare Cards
Event Ticketing – Widely used in ticketing events, giving access entrance to stadiums, exhibitions and leisure parks. For instance, Mifare Ultralight cards have been used in events such as football worldcup.
Public Transport– The transport sector has really been revolutionized by Mifare cards. Due to their multi-application feature, tourists can conveniently purchase tickets to different destinations or access public transport services.
Loyalty – Card,users can earn points and discounts with continued use of these cards for payment purposes. Loyalty points can then be accumulated and stored in the card for offline earning and spending.
Access Card – Mifare cards may feature secure employee badges for convenient and secure access to workplace. Store passwords in the card, giving the user guaranteed authorized access to consumer and corporate data. Logical access is also possible, giving the user secure access to computer networks, data files and software.
Gaming – NFC compatibility with NFC enabled devices enables the card holder to seamlessly integrate and exchange information such as gaming data between the card and the device. Gaming scores, credits and characters are thus securely stored in the card.
Due to their reduced transaction time, minimal chances of fraud and increased security, Mifare cards have become more important in transit programs, and have rapidly gained favor with more financial payment agencies and associations across the globe.
PrintPlast has 32 years of experience of Smart Card production. Get in touch with us for our custom solutions.
*MIFARE and MIFARE Classic are trademarks of NXP B.V.